Product Improvement – All Kits Now Include Translucent Black Ground Cables!
When upgrading your alternator to a unit capable of higher output, it is also necessary to upgrade your vehicle’s wiring. Specifically, it is necessary to upgrade:
- The charge lead from the alternator output stud to the battery
- The return path between the alternator and vehicle ground
- The return path between the battery negative (-) and the vehicle ground
It’s safe to assume that one of the reasons you are upgrading to a high-output alternator is because you’ve added some current-hungry accessories and their requirements are greater than what the stock alternator was able to support. This is not the place to save a few bucks and skimp on cables!
Most “upgrade kits” are nothing more than a larger gauge charge lead. Our charging system upgrade kits assure you that you will get every ounce of performance that your charging system is capable of. They are the only such kits available at any price.
Charging System Upgrade Kit Specifics
As with all of out kits, our charging system upgrade kits include the very best components available. Each kit is incredibly well thought out and installation is a breeze – no crimping or soldering required!
The Best Cable
We use the very best cable we can get our hands on – our own! It meets full American Wire Gauge (AWG) specification, is Pure Oxygen Free Copper (OFC), and tinned for corrosion resistance. Other companies use Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) cable in an effort to reduce cost. CCA has 30-40% greater resistance per foot than OFC, so while it may be cheaper, it also comes at the expense of performance.
Specifically, our OFC cable has the following strand count:
- 2/0 AWG Cable – 5,929 strands!
- 1/0 AWG Cable – 4,704 strands!
- 2 AWG Cable – 2,989 strands!
- 4 AWG Cable – 1,862 strands!
- 8 AWG Cable – 735 strands!
The fine-strand construction and soft jacket offer excellent flexibility, far superior to standard battery cable and better than the best welding cable!
The Best Parts
All eyelets and battery terminals are installed via our crimping press and insulated with the thickest adhesive lined heat shrink available. This super-thick adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing prevents battery acid or oxidation from entering the connection itself.
Additionally, we include a complete assortment of Grade 5 Hardware with each kit. You’ll have every single thing you need to get the job done right the first time. We guarantee it!
Step By Step Full Color Instructions
Each kit includes complete step by step instructions in full color so that your installation goes smoothly! They’re super easy to install and require only common hand tools to install them.
Which Kit Do You Need?
We offer kits in 4 AWG, 2 AWG, and 1/0 AWG. Following are the alternator output capabilities of each kit:
- 4 AWG kits – up to 150 amps!
- 2 AWG kits – up to 225 amps!
- 1/0 AWG kits – up to 300 amps!
We offer kits for both top mount and side mount batteries and all are available in 3 different lengths for different vehicle applications.
Each Kit Includes the Following
- Upgraded Charge Lead
- Upgraded Ground Lead for the Alternator
- Upgraded Ground Lead for the Battery
- Upgraded Ground Leads for the Accessories
- SUPER HEAVY Duty Battery Clamps
- Ring Boot – to insulate the charge lead connection at the alternator
- All of the hardware (and we do mean all) that you’ll need to properly install it!