What’s better than finding a selection of the very best automotive electrical components, kits, and solutions available?
Getting a free t-shirt when you place an order of $200 or more!
How It Works
- Fill your cart with $200 or more in merchandise.
- Pick your t-shirt–any size or color.
- Enter the coupon code FREETSHIRT at checkout.
- Click the “Apply Coupon” button after you enter the coupon code. You’ll receive an immediate credit for the total cost of the t-shirt.
Currently, though you are limited to one t-shirt per order, there are no restrictions on how many times you use the coupon code; any order for $200 or more is eligible.
Wow! There seems to be a ton of misinformation about this topic around. I’ve seen and heard some pretty far-fetched stuff. Keep in mind that all of our Big 3 Upgrade Kits are a direct reflection of our findings in regards to measured performance and our thirty years of experience in upgrading vehicle charging systems, not something we read on the internet.
So, let’s set the story straight. Continue reading “The Truth About the Big 3 Upgrade”
The Value Proposition and Pride of Ownership
Many years ago, while managing a car audio store in North Little Rock, AR (that seems like a lifetime ago now!), I learned two valuable lessons from a customer. Let me explain.
One day in the spring of 1996, a gentleman of maybe 40 walks into our store and asks to see our selection of 100 watt stereo power amplifiers. We had several amplifiers that met that criteria, three on active display. The prices on these amplifiers were $199.00, $299.00, and $519.00. He listened to each powering a pair of speakers that were similar to the ones in his vehicle. After he listened, he asks, “Do you have a lay-a-way program?” I confirmed that we did and he proceeded to pull out $150.00 and put a deposit down on the amplifier that he deemed best – the $519.00 Rockford Fosgate Punch 100×2. Continue reading “The Value Proposition and Pride of Ownership”
One of the most common questions we field is, “Which battery disconnect do I need?” In order to determine that, you need to know how you intended to use it. There are two main purposes:
- Disconnect the battery when storing the vehicle. This convenience allows you to store the vehicle for an extended period of time without worry of the battery running flat due to parasitic draw of the accessories . ECUs, BCMs, PCMs, radios, clocks, etc. all draw a very small amount of current with the vehicle sitting to retain settings or data.
- Pass tech at your local track. The NHRA and most other sanctioning bodies mandate a Battery Disconnect Switch that is clearly labeled and externally accessible for any vehicle with a battery that has been relocated to the rear of the vehicle. This affords the safety crew the ability to shut off a running engine and disconnect power to the vehicle’s accessories in the event of a crash, rollover, etc.
Continue reading “Battery Disconnects 101”