Our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits are ideal for street driven vehicles. When relocating the battery to the rear, consider the run of cable between the battery and the location at which the stock battery used to connect in the front of the vehicle. What would happen if that cable were to become shorted somewhere along its run? Correct: it will burn. Nothing spells disaster to a prized vehicle faster than an electrical fire that starts as a result of such a scenario.
Your kit was super easy to install! It included everything I needed and the installation manual is excellent. – Jim, Chandler, AZ
I’ve been buying automotive accessories for 20 plus years. Yours are the best thought out of any I’ve ever purchased… – Rob, Mesa, AZ
Relocating the battery to the rear of your vehicle is an excellent way to free up space in the engine compartment as well as improve weight distribution. Although this is a common upgrade and there are plenty of universal kits on the market, none are as complete as ours!
Deluxe Battery Relocation Kit Specifics
Our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits include electrical protection for the main cable that runs the length of the vehicle. These kits include the following items that our standard Battery Relocation Kits do not:
- A Pair of Super High Current Manual Resettable Circuit Breakers
- All cables, components, and hardware required to install them (within 18″ of the battery)
As with all of our kits, our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits include the very best components available. Each kit is incredibly well thought out and installation is a breeze – no crimping or soldering required!
The Best Cable
We use the very best cable we can get our hands on – our own! It meets full American Wire Gauge (AWG) specification, is Pure Oxygen Free Copper (OFC), and tinned for corrosion resistance. Other companies use Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) cable in an effort to reduce cost. CCA has 30-40% greater resistance per foot than OFC, so while it may be cheaper, it also comes at the expense of performance.
Specifically, our OFC cable has the following strand count:
- 3/0 AWG Cable – 7,546 strands!
- 2/0 AWG Cable – 5,929 strands!
- 1/0 AWG Cable – 4,704 strands!
- 2 AWG Cable – 2,989 strands!
- 4 AWG Cable – 1,862 strands!
- 8 AWG Cable – 735 strands!
The fine-strand construction and soft jacket offer excellent flexibility, far superior to standard battery cable and better than the best welding cable!
The Best Parts
All eyelets and battery terminals are installed via our crimping press and insulated with the thickest adhesive lined heat shrink available. This super-thick adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing prevents battery acid or oxidation from entering the connection itself.
Additionally, we include a complete assortment of Grade 5 Hardware with each kit. You’ll have every single thing you need to get the job done right the first time. We guarantee it!
We’re not big fans of using the stud on the starter as a common point of power. Our relocation kits include a slick power distribution block that mounts conveniently under the hood and away from sources of heat. This not only simplifies the installation, but provides an easy location to access power after the kit has been installed.
Shown at the right is the power distribution block (on the left). This block allows you to easily connect the main cable to the input and it has three 8-4 AWG outputs: stock battery cable to the starter, charge lead from the alternator, and the third output can be used to supply power to an auxiliary Fuse Panel (offered separately).
Step By Step Full Color Instructions
Each kit includes complete step-by-step instructions in full color so that your installation goes smoothly! They’re super easy to install and require only common hand tools to install them.
Included in either kit are the following pre-assembled cables:
- (1) 18 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent RED Battery Power Cable terminated with a heavy duty positive (+) battery clamp.
- (1) 3 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent BLACK Battery Ground Cable terminated with a heavy duty negative (-) battery clamp on one end & a 3/8” eyelet on the other. This cable incorporates a 3 ft length of 8 AWG Translucent BLACK ground cable, which goes to the body, terminated with a 1/4” eyelet.
- (1) 1 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent BLACK Engine / Starter Ground Cable terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on each end.
- (2) 6 in long 4 AWG Translucent RED Jumpers (used to connect the dual circuit breakers together) terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on one end.
- (2) 9 in long 4 AWG Translucent RED Jumpers (used to connect the dual circuit breakers together) terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on one end.
Each kit includes a distribution block for the main power cable, a complete assortment of Grade 5 hardware, cable protection, rubber-lined Adel clamps, and wire ties required to complete the installation, including zinc-plated internal/external star washers for all ground connections.
You absolutely, positively will not have to run to the hardware store to install this kit! How do we know? Simple – because we’ve actually installed them ourselves.