Our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits are ideal for street driven vehicles. When relocating the battery to the rear, consider the run of cable between the battery and the location at which the stock battery used to connect in the front of the vehicle. What would happen if that cable were to become shorted somewhere along its run? Correct – it will burn. Nothing spells disaster to a prized vehicle faster than an electrical fire that starts as a result of such a scenario.
Relocating the battery to the rear of your vehicle is an excellent way to free up space in the engine compartment as well as improve weight distribution. Although this is a common upgrade and there are plenty of universal kits on the market, but none as complete as ours!
Our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits include electrical protection for the main cable that runs the length of the vehicle. These kits include the following items that our standard Battery Relocation Kits do not:
- A Pair of Super High Current Manual Resettable Circuit Breakers
- All cables, components, and hardware required to install them (within 18″ of the battery)
- As with all of our kits, our Deluxe Battery Relocation Kits include the very best components available. Each kit is incredibly well thought out and installation is a breeze – no crimping or soldering required!
Both kits include the following pre-assembled cables:
- (1) 18 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent RED Battery Power Cable terminated with a heavy duty positive (+) battery clamp.
- (1) 3 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent BLACK Battery Ground Cable terminated with a heavy duty negative (-) battery clamp on one end & a 3/8” eyelet on the other This cable incorporates a 3 ft length of 8 AWG Translucent BLACK ground cable, which goes to the body, terminated with a 1/4” eyelet.
- (1) 1 ft long 1/0 AWG or 2 AWG Translucent BLACK Engine / Starter Ground Cable terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on each end.
- (2) 6 in long 2 AWG (1/0 AWG kits) or 4 AWG (2 AWG kits) Translucent RED Jumpers (used to connect the dual circuit breakers together) terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on one end.
- (2) 9 in long 2 AWG (1/0 AWG kits) or 4 AWG (2 AWG kits) Translucent RED Jumpers (used to connect the dual circuit breakers together) terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on one end.
Each kit includes a distribution block for the main power cable, a complete assortment of Grade 5 hardware, cable protection, rubber lined Adel clamps, and wire ties required to complete the installation, including zinc plated internal/external star washers for all ground connections. You absolutely, positively will not have to run to the hardware store to install this kit! How do we know? Simple. We’ve actually installed them ourselves.