Product Improvement – All Kits Now Include Translucent Black Ground Cables!
Our 3.5 foot Top Post Kit Includes the following:
- (1) 3.5 foot 4 AWG Translucent RED Charge Lead Cable with Integrated Fuse Holder, terminated with a 1/4” eyelet on one end and a 3/8″ eyelet on the other*
- (1) 3 foot long 4 AWG Translucent BLACK Ground Cable, terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on each end*
- (1) 2 1/2 foot long 4 AWG Translucent BLACK Ground Cable, terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on each end
- (1) 2 foot long 8 AWG Translucent BLACK Ground Cable, terminated with a 3/8” eyelet on each end
*The 4.5 foot kit includes an additional foot of length for each of the two underlined cables listed above. The 5.5 foot kit includes an additional two feet of length for each of these cables.
Battery Clamps and Boots
- (2) Super Heavy Duty Battery Military Style Battery Clamps – each will accommodate multiple large gauge cables (Boots available separately for $6.95 each for RED or BLACK)
- (1) 1/0 AWG Ring Boot
We’ve integrated an ANL Style Fuse Holder into the charge lead. It includes a 150 Amp ANL Style Fuse. Most OEM charge leads have a fusible link on them. Its purpose is to protect on-board electronics in the event that the regulator fails and causes “voltage run-away.” Fusing the charge lead provides the same protection for your larger than stock alternator.
Each kit includes a complete assortment of Grade 5 hardware and cable ties required to complete the installation, including zinc plated internal/external star washers for all ground connections. Also Included is a complete assortment of hardware that permits easy connection to any alternator, as we include both SAE and metric bolts. You absolutely, positively will not have to run to the hardware store to install this kit!
Step By Step Instructions
Each kit includes complete step by step instructions in full color so that your installation goes smoothly! They’re super easy to install and require only common hand tools to install them.
How to Determine Which Length Kit You Need
To determine which length kit you need, measure the distance from the alternator output stud to the battery positive terminal taking into account a nice smooth run for the cable and that you need to mount the fuse holder within 18″ of the battery. For example, if you measure 4 feet 1 inches, you will need a 4.5 foot kit.
Add Boots for the Battery Terminals
We stock the impossible to find Military Style Battery Boots. These boots give your installation a super clean look.
Adding an auxiliary battery has never been easier. Our “Add-A-Battery” Kits include all of the cables, parts, and hardware required to easily add a rear-located auxiliary battery to our Alternator Installation Kits!