Mechman “Hot Rod” Alternators
These are designed as direct replacements for 1963-1985 GM Vehicles originally fitted with a 10DN, 10SI, or 12SI alternator. They utilize 6-phase Hairpin stators which use less horsepower than traditional 3-phase designs. The following are the features of these outstanding units:
- Bolt-in Replacement for 10DN, 10SI, or 12SI GM Alternators
- Internally Regulated
- Internal Fans
- Available in 170A and 240A Sizes
- Available in Natural, Polished, or Chrome Finish
- 1-Wire Design with 400 RPM Self-Exciting Regulator**
- Heavy Duty 5/16″ Output Stud
- Fitted with V-belt Pulley
- 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
**Devout readers of Tony Candela’s books will note that he is not a fan of traditional 1-wire designs. That being said, Mechman has recently migrated to a 400 RPM Self-Exciting regulator that will not un-excite during extended periods of idling – the main draw back to traditional 1-wire designs. 3-wire regulator units are available at the same price via special order.
The 170A and 240A units share the same housing. Download a complete Hot Rod Alternator Drawing including all dimensions.