Four Steps to a Custom Cable!
- Choose the Cable Gauge of the assembly you desire, automatically showing all possible parts that can be used for the selected cable gauge.
- Select the Amperage of the assembly you desire. This automatically shows compatible breakaway connectors for gauge and amperage.
- Define the cable specifics for your cable.
- Choose a Quantity, then click the Add to Cart button.
A Few Things to Consider
- Breakaway connectors follow sizing and keying standards. Physical size is based on the current rating of the connector, which are continuous ratings. Keying is based on color. For example, it is not possible to mate a 120A connector to a 175A connector as they are different lengths and widths. It is also not possible to mate a blue 175A to a gray 175A connector as the keying is different.
- Breakaway connectors are Unisex. They mate by lining up positive to positive and negative to negative.
- Length shown for cables is measured from the edge of the connector on the wire exit side to the center of the hole in the part on the cable end. Tolerance is approximately 1/4″.
If you would like to know the specifications or dimensions of any of the breakaway connectors, are curious as to how they mate, etc., you can find that and more in our article Very High Current Connectors/Breakaway Connectors.